'/> Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding

Info Populer 2022

Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding

Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding
Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding

Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here. She always made recipes that are etched in my mind in flavor but this rice pudding is the most comforting I remember fondly of all the desserts she cooked to perfection. It's a great delicious custard with rice dessert with a hint of cinnamon.


s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding





Grandma's Rice Pudding Recipe is hard to beat in flavor and so easy to make!




Well I have to say I love my grandma's recipe for rice pudding.



I have made Grandma's recipe a ton of times and it always comes out perfect!



It's truly the BEST RICE PUDDING I have ever eaten!



I know that everyone has a kegemarane their grandmother, mom and even other family member makes that keep their memory alive, this is the one for me.



When I make this, I think of good old fashioned homemade wholesome ingredients and comfort food from grandma's house.



Made with all fresh ingredients, usually staples in most households back then. She'd whip up a batch of this in no time.



s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding



Adding dried fruits brings it to another level of deliciousness!




Grandma sometimes like to put dates of figs in hers.



Most of us weren't big fans of either of them.



Back then so she would split the rice pudding in two containers.



She would add some raisins to one bowl of rice pudding and in the other bowl the kind she loved for just herself, with figs and dates.




The kids never liked it that way, but I love it now with figs!



s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding





Addicting to say the least!



Let me just say it's quite addicting. Creamy, full of flavor and I started eating it hot.



Either way it's over the top but don't just take my word for it, if you are rice pudding lover this is a must try.



When I was growing up and grandma made this I didn't know it wasn't for dinner.



Because it had rice in it I though it was our supper! I was quite happy anytime she prepared this for me and couldn't get enough of it.



Even if we didn't have anything else for dinner, this would have been just fine for me all by itself.



I loved watching her stir the pot over the old fashioned gas stove.



I can still see her lighting the pilot light to get it to come one. What a beautiful stove it was.



The panggangan had a small side panggangan and a large panggangan in front.



The the top had 5 burners. Gas was the way to go in those days back in 1960.



Although I have a smooth top electric stove now, I would love to have a gas stove again some day.



I really felt its a more natural way to cook and I really like the results from a gas stove over electric.




s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding




Slowly simmer this and stir occasionally.




No need to watch the pot. If it's on low it will cook perfectly.



I also love to use a wooden spoon. I always have.



Grandma only use the wooden spoon to stir her pudding, I will always use wood when making certain cooked desserts and sauces.



I really love using wood over plastic or metal.





Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding Pin for later





s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding




The rice I like to use that works great everytime!





The best rice to use is arborio rice.




Arborio rice is the only kind of rice I have been accustomed to in making this rice and that's what grandma used.




I am sure you can use regular long grain, but I have never tried that.




I want to always make it as close to her taste as possible.




I pretty much have recreated the taste exactly to hers that I can remember.




s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding





s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding








Plain or with Fruit?




One other thing, if the kids hate raisins, don't add them.



Grandma use to chop up maraschino cherries for just the top when I was a kid and I loved it that way.



I just garnish the top for a festive look during the Holiday and also some green candied cherries too!



A great change in flavors also!




s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding




s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding




s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding








It's worth the time it takes!





Hope you love this one as much as we do.



It's worth the time it takes and won't last long, so make a double batch!



Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding takes a little patience and time but well worth it.



This creamy rice pudding is one of those that you will make time and time again after one bite.






GRANDMA'S ITALIAN STYLE RICE PUDDING

prep time: 10 minscook time: 45 minstotal time: 55 mins

ingredients:


3/4 cup sugar
2 cups whole milk or half and half
3/4 cup extra milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup Italian Arborio rice
1- 3/4 cups water to boil the rice 
1 cinnamon stick (new ingredient to make it over the top great!)
1 egg beaten
 2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
 optional fruit 1/4 cup raisins, figs or dates chopped


instructions:


In a small saucepan add 1- 3/4  cups water, 1 cinnamon stick  and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add the rice to the pot on low simmer. Cover and cook for 12 minutes or until soft.

Grab another clean medium size saucepan and add the cooked rice, 2 cups milk with the cinnamon stick and 3/4 cup sugar.

Cook for around 30 to 35 minutes or until creamy and thick like a pudding and not watery looking (stirring occasionally on low heat.)  Stir in the last 3/4 cup of milk, the beaten egg and raisins if using and keep stirring on medium heat stirring constantly around another 2 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick and take off from heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla. Garnish with cinnamon or freshly ground nutmeg.
calories
112
fat (grams)
4
carbs (grams)
12
protein (grams)
5
sugar (grams)
3.4
Created using The Recipes Generator



s Italian Style Rice Pudding is the most comforting food I remember by here Grandma's Italian Style Rice Pudding


Advertisement

Iklan Sidebar